fredag 7 augusti 2009

Last day at work


Trying to summarize the amazing months I have had at Wright State University is not easy. I am an Engineering Physics undergraduate student from Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden. This summer I have been interning for the Terahertz Research Lab at Wright State University. Together with a group of students I have been working on a project on detecting vehicle signatures with various sensors. Collaborating with a team of creative students with diverse background has been very rewarding.

Even though I was interning over the summer quarter, the campus was full of life and there was always something going on. I am sure there is going to be even more activities during the semester.

To have a car here definitely makes things easier, but thanks to my friends and great coworkers who gladly gave me a ride I made it through my time here without one. Overall the people I met have been extremely helpful and open! An example is when I at work mentioned my thoughts of buying a bike. The next day my coworker brought one that I borrowed over the summer. Whether looking for directions to the lecture hall or finding the Swedish crisp bread (knäckebröd) in the supermarket, don’t hesitate to ask for help! By the way, I really recommend getting a bike. There are bike paths; you just really have to look for them!

As I am going back to Sweden, I am bringing a lot of nice memories from my summer quarter! I have an awesome stay and I feel that I have made friends for life! I wish all of you international students the best time here!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar