måndag 31 augusti 2009

Not much to do when the sky is partly covered with clouds...




So I am just googling some stuff for the winter, which Frida and I (and hopefully Marianne) are going to spend in Argentiere or Chamonix! I skied for the first time this spring and it was such a great experience that I can't wait to go back! Just talked to Frida and planned some jobsearching. If anyone has any ideas about finding jobs or a place to live, please let me know!

I learned a lot about the telescope and observing last week when an american scientist was here. Since the support astronomer is on vacation, we had to solve all the problems on our own and hat was very educative. Now an irish group is here, but the weather has to improve before we can take any useful data!

My mom is probably coming here for a couple of days in September! It's going to be so much fun and I'm sure she's going to love the island! Unlike some of the other Canary Islands, La Palma hasn't yet been exploited to the mass tourism.

The days I had off las week were filled with a walk in the volcano desert, beaches and a visit to a bodega with delicious wine! I also went to dinner with my new found friend, Maria Nela, who lives near the hotel where I usually stay. I met some of her friends and her parents. They are so cute! We spent one afternoon at the Aero Club, a pool area where she and her friends are members. It was nice to barbeque and meet some new people!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar